Please follow the guidelines below for your concrete landscape curbing.
1. The concrete curb does not need to be sprayed or misted with water.
2. Keep pets, children and objects away from the curb for at least 24 hours. It will be "hard" to the touch at this point, but will still need a few days to get completely hard.
3. Sod laying, sprinkler work and landscape work can be started 24 hours after installation; however, caution must be taken as shovels, picks and wheelbarrows can damage the curb for several days while it is fully curing.
4. If you have a landscaper working for you, caution him about protecting the curb from damage. If wheelbarrows are used for hauling rock over the curb, put a mound of dirt over it (6" deep) or build a ramp over the curb to keep the weight from cracking it. Never allow a tractor or truck to run over the curb.
5. Make sure sprinkler systems does not come on for at least 24 hours. Irrigation, back wash from pool, condensate lines, can damage the edging during the first 24 hours.
6. Efflorescence (white powder substance) can appear on occasion and does not look good on curbing. It is generated from water sprinkling systems and can also appear after a rainstorm. The intensity of the efflorescence varies depending upon the type (hardness) of water and volume of water that gets on the curb. Check your sprinkler heads while the system is on and try to adjust them to minimize the amount of water spraying directly on the curb. If you have just planted sod and are watering frequently, efflorescence may appear more readily. Be patient, wait for your lawn to get established and clean the curb after it dries. A solution of 50/50 vinegar and water with a light brushing will remove the efflorescence. You may have to do this a few times; eventually, the efflorescence should go away.
7. Once in a while curbing with color in it may look "splotchy" for a few days while it is curing. This will go away as it cures and is not to be confused with efflorescence.
8. If edging is damaged (by others) we will come back and make the necessary repairs: however, there is a $ 350.00 minimum charge for this service.
9. Cracking - Concrete curbing like any other type of concrete can and will crack. We try to control the cracking with expansion joints and GALVANIZED STEEL CABLE. If cracking does occur, it should be in the expansion joint. We experience very little cracking in our products; however, if it should crack out of the joint, we will replace it at no charge during the warranty period. A warning however, is important to note: Repairs can be difficult to make in colored concrete. It is impossible to get a perfect color match. Sometimes the "cure is worse than the ill". A hairline crack is much less noticeable than a patch or discoloration in the curbing.
10. Your edging has a two year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. It will be replaced at no charge if the defect is caused by the material we use or the way it was installed by our workmen.